Sunday, September 11, 2011

What I'm Doing Today


For the last few years, I've been jaded about 9/11. The problem is that I am sick and tired of EVERYONE over glorifying it. Now before you string me up a tree, hear me out.

Yes, I understand that it was a tragic day for this country. Yes, I understand the devastation. I know hundreds of lives were lost. I even made a tribute AMV video. That was how I expressed my feelings and how I dealt with it.

I understand that today is the 10th anniversary of the tragedy. But the positive side of this is that Bin Laden is dead.

The problem is that so many people are throwing their two cents into this, and their point of view. I think we have had MORE than enough healing time and to move on. I do get that those who lost loved ones will not be able to move on, and that's acceptable. But what about those who weren't there and we're supposed to be there? No one cares. I stopped telling people my story because it's irrelevant.
So, what I did today is the same thing I've done for the last few years... Get up, avoid the news, watch tv.

I know what I've said is prolly offensive to some, even downright insulting. But what I'm trying to say is that we're at that point where we should move along with our lives, let the families mourn in privacy and look at this as another day on the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment