Monday, July 15, 2013

Core Values

It's been a while since I wrote in here.  Been through a lot of interesting experiences.  Nothing bad, all good and positive things.

But that's not why I'm here.

For those of you who don't know, I am the editor-in-chief and founder of the website Anime Jam Session.  I am also one of the hosts on the podcast.  I always seek to find people who can write for my website.  I don't ask for a lot, just something here and there.

So about a month ago, I get a text, VM, and Facebook Message, about something that went down at AnimeNEXT.  I tell my staffer to go ahead and post the story on my site.  Signal boost the shit out of it.  If you couldn't guess, it's about the cosplay pillows debacle.

Word gets out about it and people start reading.  I then begin to backtrace the article because I was being told that some information was inaccurate.  Inaccurate information?  Yep, it happens, not a big deal.  As long as you make the proper corrections, it's all good.  So as I backtrace the information, I have determined that not much was wrong, corrections were made, everyone's happy, yes?

No.

One cosplayer that goes by Marie Grey posts her own rebuttal on what happened.  Which is normal, everyone has their own side to any story that said person is involved in.  Hell, there's been plenty of times I rebuttaled my take on shit that's happened.  So I begin to read what she has to say.  Now, for what it's worth, her take is 100% accurate.  What I didn't like was how she had the audacity to call out one of my fellow staffers for the article.  Mind you, this article has been posted on a couple of site.  She accused him of being a glory hound, trying to break the news first, and having no integrity.

First off, my site has no intentions of being the first on article to garner hits.  I believe in getting the word out.  That article in question had nothing to with being a glory hound.  We wanted to warn other people of this lowlife scum, that's what the goal was.

So let me ask you... Who the hell do you think you are?  Where do you get off on calling someone out for an integrity check.  This staffer in question has done more behind the scenes work with cosplay and conventions than you have ever done.  His integrity is unfathomable.  Before you go throwing that around, why don't you do your research first?

Maybe I should call your integrity into check as well.  But I'm not. I'm not going to go all half-assed like you... I do my homework first.

That's it, I'm done.  For the record, I do not hate or resent this cosplayer.  I just needed to get that off my chest, because if anyone attacks my website, my staffers, or does anything to derail it, I will come out the corner swinging, and you best believe the other person is going down.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment