Sunday, October 30, 2011

Relationships

Relationship. I have one. I'm lucky.

Why do I say that?  We trust and love each other very much.  And we both have a Hall Pass / Free Pass, because we're so far away from each other.

We have an open/polyamorous relationship.  This was her idea, not mine.  I also didn't have a problem with it either.  But I've gotten flack from it and I don't think it's fair at all.

I truly feel that it's a double standard for an open relationship.  If a woman is in one, most guys do not have a problem with it.  Prolly because most guys think with their penis (you know I'm right).  If a guy is in one, most women will have a problem with it.  I find that women feel that you're cheating, and will not do that.

I for one, have never convinced a woman to be poly.  I've come across those who are confused by it wanting to learn more, so I explain what it is.

What bothers me is that if I like you, I would like to take you out and not have a female looking down on me because I have a girlfriend who allows me to do this.  I have lost a few female friends over this, and it has bothered me.  It's gotten to the point where I've hidden my relationship status, and I will tell that women when the time is right.

I do understand that some women do not like to share, and that's okay. But if a guy wants to take you out to dinner and he's seeing someone, don't hold that against him.  His girlfriend knows he's doing this.  Granted there are guys that will do this and not tell their girl about it.  That's completely unfair.

I do know a girl who gave up on being poly for the sake of her relationship.  I did not agree with that because she sacrificed something for him.  If you like a girl and she wants to be poly, RESPECT THAT.  She will 100% respects you back and as long as you trust her, there is nothing to worry about.

Overall what I'm saying is this... Monogamy isn't for everyone and if you meet that person who prefers being poly, respect that person's decision and roll with it... You may just like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment