Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cosplay And Drinking

It can go hand in hand if you're smart.

So yesterday or Friday I stumble across this image below:

Now, as some who enjoys cosplaying and drinking, I was like "WTF?"  This shit is WAY out of proportion. I say whatever and move along...

Sometime later, I come across this:

As you can see, it's the total opposite.  It's the closest to what I agree with, so I shared that image.

But overall, in both situations, we have a failure to communicate.  It's okay to go out to the bar and have a few drinks.  It's okay to goto cons and cosplay.  But it is NOT okay to take both seriously to the level of where people look at you stupid.  One should not be at the bar and drink themselves stupid, nor should you see that cosplay is all there is in the world.

You know what? Listen...  I goto cons and at night, I hit the bar.  You know what I find there? Other cosplayers.  You know what we talk about? Everything except cons and cosplay.  To me that's how it should be.  What I said describes 80 - 85% of us out there.  Nobody's perfect.  You got those who binge drink and think they are Sailor Moon or Lightning.  But they don't represent us, and they never will.

So kick back, relax, enjoy a drink. It's on me.


Thanks to Dark Sakura, Onezumi, and Taiki for helping me to pull this image off... And Mako-chan for proof-reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment